WEEK 5 UPDATE - 21 times, 79 to go! ALSO- changing eating habits.




AS OF TODAY WE HAVE GONE TO THE GYM TOGETHER 21 TIMES (SINCE WE STARTED OUR CHALLENGE 5 weeks ago). 

OUR GOAL IS TO GO TO THE GYM TOGETHER 100 TIMES
BEFORE THE END OF THIS YEAR!  
ONLY 79 MORE TIMES TO GO BEFORE NEW YEARS EVE!

As a side note, I have lost 10 pounds since we started our gym challenge 5 weeks ago. I've also wanted to make some changes to my diet, which basically involve me giving up my crutches (i.e., "I'm stressed out about _____, I'm getting a Pepsi!" or "I'm stressed out about ______, I need chocolate!")

I identified my most problematic junk-food areas, then started with the things that were easiest for me to give up. And let me explain that I'm not completely eliminating any of these things from my diet, but I won't be purchasing them anymore. So if I'm at a church picnic and there is pie, I might choose to have a reasonable portion of pie. Or if I'm at a wedding and they are serving cupcakes, I may choose to have a cupcake). These things aren't totally forbidden, because I feel like its not realistic to 100% eliminate all of the foods I love. Simply NOT bringing them into the house is a big change for me. 

If I were to purchase a case of pop, I could easily drink the whole thing by myself in a couple of days (or sooner). If I don't buy any pop, I have to drink water (which I hate, but is healthy). Also, diet pop is the worst thing in the world, so don't even go there! 

Here is where I'm at so far: 
Week 4 I gave up buying baked goods (cookies, cake,, brownies, etc) and ice cream
Week 5 I gave up buying candy (my precious!)
and now in Week 6 I am giving up buying pop (my beloved!)

I make healthy meals, but if I'm drinking a ton of pop or popping peanut butter cups like a maniac in between meals, or shoving brownies in my face while I watch Netflix, I'm not going to get the results that I want, no matter how many times I go to the gym. 

I feel like this is really going to make a big difference in getting myself more healthy! 

SaveSave

Comments